Who we are
Milwaukee Succeeds was founded on a simple idea: the City of Milwaukee can improve educational outcomes for every child, in every school, when we move forward together.
Our partnership, an education initiative made up of over 300 cross-sector organizations, is changing the way adults work together to improve educational achievement spanning cradle to career.
We are moving forward together by:
- Centering our work around a shared community vision defined by four community goals: kindergarten readiness, school success, college and career readiness and social and emotional learning.
- Collectively identifying best-practices
- Using data-driven continuous improvement
- Supporting the expansion of what works
- Intentionally refining our work through an equity lens to decrease the racial and economic disparities in our community.
Milwaukee Succeeds unites our community around a commitment to support strategies that will achieve our shared vision of success for every child, in every school, cradle to career.
Milwaukee Succeeds is a collaborative effort launched in summer 2011 by the Greater Milwaukee Foundation, Greater Milwaukee Committee, Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce, Milwaukee Urban League, United Way of Greater Milwaukee and the Helen Bader Foundation as a way to unite the community around a common goal: bringing about lasting change to the way education works for children in Milwaukee.
Many other organizations have joined the collaboration; and the Northwestern Mutual Foundation, Greater Milwaukee Foundation, the United Way and Bader Philanthropies have provided early financial support for Milwaukee Succeeds.